Monday, January 30, 2017

4 Recipes to Get You Through the Whole30

Four. More. Days.

For the last week, I've been dreaming of cheese every night. And although these last four weeks have been hard, I'm so thankful that I've done this Whole30. It's helped me realize some things about how I eat, and overall, I feel much more alert and well-rested.

Many of you have asked for some of my yummy Whole30 recipes, and let me assure you...these recipes are even great if you're not doing Whole30! They are a delicious and healthy way to add some great things to your recipe books.

Here we go!


These meatballs are savory and delicious, with so much flavor! When I first heard "thai curry" with "meatballs," I thought...no thanks! But these are so full of rich flavor. Definitely a recipe I will be using again even when I'm off of Whole30! If you're doing the Whole30, leave out the fish sauce, as it has some sugar in it. Click the recipe title above for the recipe.




This recipe may actually be my overall favorite of all of Whole30. It's also super easy, because it calls for chicken that is already cooked and shredded. I cooked 8 pounds of chicken breast at the beginning of the week, so shredding it and throwing it in a pan with a few other ingredients was no big deal. The creamy and flavorful sauce makes it feel like you're eating something decadent. It's SO GOOD. Click the recipe title above for the recipe!



In the cold winter months, is there anything better than the food that sticks to your bones? I subbed ground turkey for ground beef to make a leaner version of this, and used ghee in my potatoes instead of butter (also, omitting the Worcestershire sauce for Whole30 purposes). It was very filling and savory. Perfect for winter and healthy, too! Click the recipe title above for the recipe!



Buffalo Chicken Pineapple Bake
serves 4
This is a special recipe I made on my own this time around. It's very simple:

All you need is:
-One head of cauliflower
-Two cups of broccoli, sliced
-Two cups of pineapple, sliced
-Two cups of cooked shredded chicken
-Three tbsp. olive oil
-Buffalo sauce for drizzling (for Whole30, use Frank's or Tessemae)

1. Cut up the head of cauliflower into small, bite-sized pieces. In a food processor, grind the cauliflower until it resembles rice. (If you don't have a food processor, cut the head of cauliflower in half and use a cheese grater to grate the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces.

2. Place the riced cauliflower in a skillet with 1 tbsp. of olive oil; saute until slightly browned. Remove from heat.

3. Place shredded chicken, pineapple slices, and broccoli slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. of olive oil and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

4. After the chicken mixture has baked for 20-25 minutes, place one-fourth of the cauliflower rice onto a plate and top it with one-fourth of the chicken mixture. Drizzle with buffalo sauce and enjoy!

Note: In the picture below, we also added a cutie for extra sweetness.




Thank you for checking in this Monday for my Whole30 recipes! Have a wonderful week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment