Sunday, May 19, 2013

Trading High Heeled Shoes for Chacos

Today is the day I trade in my favorite high heeled shoes for Chacos and my skinny jeans for dry-fit cargo pants. Today is the day I jump on a plane and fly to the other side of the world. Your giving and prayers are getting me there. I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! In only a couple of days, I will start teaching English to young girls that have just been rescued from human trafficking. I will get to participate in their recovery and restoration, and I know that God is going to speak to me in the process!

My Cambodian adventure is about to begin, and I would like to ask you all to pray with me in a couple of specific areas.
1)Please pray that God’s will be done in every situation I encounter. Especially pray for the hearts of these young girls. Just this last week, a six-year-old girl was rescued from a sex slavery situation and placed in the care of the home I will be working in. Pray that the Lord will restore their hearts and minds and make them like new!
2)Please pray for me as I am entering into a Buddhist culture. The spiritual warfare in Cambodia is intense, and there is a lot of darkness where I am going. Please pray that the joy of the Lord will be my strength and that the Lord will show me His light in a dark place. Also pray that I will have the courage to share His light in the darkness!
3)I believe that full time foreign missions is the call God has placed on my life. Please pray that God will reveal His will to me as I seek after Him and His plans in Cambodia!
Thank you so much in advance for your prayers!


If you would like to receive email updates while I am overseas, please send an email to me at drake177@ngu.edu so I can put you on my email list! I will also be updating my blog at http://bemymagnificentobsession.blogspot.com/.

Thank you for being a part of this kingdom work!

No comments:

Post a Comment