Friday, June 21, 2013

Re

REDEEMED.
REJUVENATED.
RESTORED.

God had some serious lessons in store for me. In fact, I'm sure He still does in the three weeks I have left on this Cambodian journey! I had no idea how hard missionary life would be. I had no idea how hard being on the other side of the world from familiar people would be, but God brought me all the way over here to show me things about who He is and who I am.

First of all, it is so hard to be myself overseas. The culture shock and the stresses of overseas life brought out sides of me that I didn't know existed. Sometimes I don't like what I see. I think I'm too cowardly and not good enough...but God has shown me that even at my lowest point, He loves me. He loves me despite my filth and sin. That elementary truth has come to absolutely BLOW my mind since I have been here. I am so thankful that I have been able to more fully grasp how wide His love is for me.
My God REDEEMS.

Secondly, I have been able to see that I don't need anyone but Jesus. Although familiar faces are nice (and I miss them dearly!), I don't need them as much as I need Jesus. I don't need bathrooms that don't smell like sewage and showers that don't require you to straddle a toilet whilst you attempt to get clean... I have Jesus, and that is enough. I might be in a place full of unfamiliar people and things, but my God is faithful and He remains the same. I can count on Him, and He really is all I need.
My God REJUVENATES.

Thirdly, I have allowed God to restore me. It a trip to the other side of the world, but seeing young girls come to an understanding that God has given them a second chance after being enslaved to sex tourism has opened my eyes to the fact that God can take what has been broken and make it whole again. I have in no way been through anything anywhere close to what my girls have been through, but He has shown over and over to me that He is faithful and that He will complete the work He has started in me...just as He is still working on the work He has started in the lives of these girls that have been rescued.
My God RESTORES.



That's just a glimpse of what God has done in my heart lately!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony of how God is working in and through you! Yes, He redeems, rejuvenates, and restores and it is such a blessing for you to also see this in these girls' lives. Praying for you daily! Love ya bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and miss you! Can't wait to give you a big hug and hear all about it!

    Love,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see all that God is doing in your heart on this journey you are on!!

    ReplyDelete