Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thorn in My Flesh

My first two weeks of work with the SHE Rescue Home have come and gone, and I can hardly believe it has already been two weeks. I have been stretched further than I have ever imagined. It has hurt more than I could have ever fathomed. I have struggled, and I have experienced the sweetest joy.
Most of you know from my Facebook and through my mom that I really struggled early last week with a lupus spell. For those of you that knew, thank you so much for praying. It was really difficult to move around for a couple of days, but with the exception of my hands, I am pretty much all back to normal.
Lupus has been a big struggle over the past three years. In high school and college I've missed classes for short spells, but usually the pain leaves after a couple of days, and it doesn't limit me very much. I have been so humbled over the last week with my hands.
You know, you never really notice how much you use something until it becomes almost impossible for you to use it. Every morning I have to exercise my wrists and fingers to be able to use them during the day. Even though the pain with using them is excruciating during the day, I have prayed for the strength and the ability to keep on using them to be the hands of Jesus. Let me tell you...even when it hurts, it is worth the pain.
Every time I grip the brush to paint a little girl's nails or play Miss Mary Mack or teach her the handshake from the parent trap it hurts, but the Lord keeps giving me strength to move forward.
I just keep reminding myself of the thorn in Paul's flesh and reminding myself that the Lord is my strength in my weakness!

No comments:

Post a Comment