Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Life Buffet: Coming January 2017

Most of you are probably reading this because you follow me on Instagram, you’re friends with me on Facebook, or you’re friends with my parents. Maybe you’re here because you are a fan of my writing (in which case, you probably fall into one of the above categories). 

 For several years, I have tried and failed to keep up a blog, much less to acquire readers. From the time I started this blog in 2009, I have struggled with what kind of writing I want to put out. I was advised to pick a blog theme and stick to it, so I could gather more readers. But, should I do life advice? Devotionals? Travel diaries? Poetry? Short stories? Recipes? Are my opinions even good enough to be out there? Instead, I have mulled ideas over and over again in my head, withholding opinions and general life advice with the explicit fear that people will *gasp* judge me, or, even worse, not read at all. Oh, the horror!

 As a writer of fiction, writing about real life things and running the risk of getting criticized scares me to death. However, at the risk of sounding prideful, I think I have some pretty great thoughts and ideas, and I think I’m not the only one scared to jump up and shout them from the rooftops. Hey, I hear you. Your voice matters, and you’re not alone. 

 In the weeks, months, and years that follow, I am deciding to try my best to brighten up your days and your intergalactic web communication with a little bit of a life buffet. That’s right, some of everything. 
Starting January 2nd, 2017, I’ll be posting every Monday with a new topic from my buffet. My goal is to brighten up the increasing negativity that is our internet today. Even if you don’t need it, I know I do. 

 Feel free to comment or send me feedback on topics you’d want to hear about via my Facebook, my Instagram @realemilymorgan, or my email: emilymdrake92@gmail.com.

Happy 2017! May the new year unearth Dust-Covered Treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment