Friday, December 30, 2016

My Bookish January: #boutofbooks

This pre-Monday post is brought to you by, well, me.
Over the last 24 hours I have been informed that there are two (yes, TWO!) readathons heading our way on the bookish internet this January. In all actuality, there are probably more than that (because the internet is vast and huge), but this short post is to encourage you to stay tuned for the first readathon: Bout of Books!



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 2nd and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


P.S. I have no idea why that girl has a thermometer (or whatever it is) in her mouth. #confusion

January 2-8, I will be posting my progress to the following platforms:

Instagram: @emdrake1
Twitter: @RealEmilyMorgan
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/46340026-emily-drake
Litsy: @emilymorgan
I won't be posting the updates on this blog, as this will be saved for my random buffet posts on Mondays. Stay tuned after the 8th for information on the 24in48 Readathon at the end of January!

For this Readathon, I have decided to take on two audiobooks for my commutes, and one whole series for my hard reading (other than my daily Bible reading...going through the whole Bible in 2017!).

Audiobooks:
1. Finish Moby Dick by Herman Melville (finally)
2. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

Books: I've decided to try and tackle the whole Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket before the Netflix series airs mid-month. 
1. The Bad Beginning
2. The Reptile Room
3. The Wide Window
4. The Miserable Mill
5. The Austere Academy
6. The Ersatz Elevator
7. The Vile Village
8. The Hostile Hospital
9. The Carnivorous Carnival
10. The Slippery Slope
11. The Grim Grotto
12. The Penultimate Peril
13. The End

So click the link under the picture, sign up, and join me! And feel free to email me with ideas, feedback, or comments at emilymdrake92@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment