Monday, March 6, 2017

Novel Sneak Peek

Everyone has moments that seem to stand still in time.

A first kiss. A historic change. A tragedy.

My moment was this.

A scarlet trail followed behind me in the snow as I limped into the dark forest. Pulling myself into the embrace of the trees, I attempted to slow my heartbeat and let my eyes adjust to the blackness of the night.

Around me, in the trees, were the rest of the survivors. Our ashen faces followed the rivers of blood down the mountain to our lost home. I focused in on the faces around me, the faces of my fellow students, or at least the ones who were left. Some had tear stains on their dirty cheeks; others were tending their fresh wounds.

We had to work together to survive. No one else could be trusted anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment