Monday, May 8, 2017

#BoutofBooks 19! The Week Long, Set Your Own Goals Readathon

It's readathon time again!

I love Bout of Books because it's easy to set your own goals and try to accomplish them. The goal is just to make reading a priority! If you have a busy week, you just make it your goal to read when you can.

I, for one, have a pretty busy schedule with my new paralegal job, book club, small group, and getting ready to visit my Missouri family next week! But my goal is to read instead of Netflix this week, and use my lunch breaks and free nights to finish a couple of books I've been moving slowly through. 

I will get tons of reading done next week on my trip (16 hour drive there and 16 hours back!) so I'll be blogging about some ARCs and some other books that will be coming out this summer, so stay tuned!

For Bout of Books, here is my reading list:

  1. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
  2. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
  3. Salt Houses by Hala Alyan
And, if I get to it, my next conquered book will be I Am Malala.

Sometimes, even if books are great, they're just harder to get through during busy seasons of life. That's why I like to do these readathons, participate with the online reader community, and crush it! 

If you would like to participate in Bout of Books with me, here's some more info about it!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

Join me! Sign up here: boutofbooks.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment